MS in Computer Science at the University of Hartford
Directly Enroll at The University of Hartford to Obtain Your MS In Computer Science
The MS in Computer Science, available only through Direct Admission, gives you advanced knowledge and technical skills in computer and information technology. During your study, you will explore areas such as machine learning, data mining and cryptography.
Studying computer science at the University of Hartford to access big industries with even bigger opportunities. In our Master of Science (MS) program, you will learn the fundamentals of the field while preparing for careers such as:
- Computer network/security architect
- Cybersecurity engineer
- Data analyst
- Network security engineer
- Software development engineer
Why Apply Through Study Group?
Applying through Study Group means being supported every step of the way. Our dedicated staff will help make your transition into the US education system as smooth as possible while also assisting you with your application and preparing you for your arrival at the University of Hartford.
The MS in Computer Science is a STEM-designated degree. Completing this program may qualify you to extend your post-graduation stay in the USA through Optional Practical Training (OPT) for up to three years.
There are two options to pursue your degree:
- 24 hours of coursework and 6 hours of thesis/capstone work
- 30 hours of coursework only
Required Courses – Choose at least one:
- Principles of Database Systems
- High Performance Computing
Choose to specialize in Data Science or Cybersecurity, or both, and choose elective courses like
- Data Mining
- Application on Deep Learning
- Information Assurance and Cryptography
- Internet of Things: Fundamentals, Technology, Application
You will choose from additional electives such as:
- Introduction to Robotics
- Machine Vision
- Business Data Mining
- Predictive Modelling
The MS in Computer Science is available by Direct Admission only and is available for a fall semester start only.
|TOEFL (iBT)||IELTS||Pearson PTE||Duolingo||GPA|
|Direct Admission||70 overall||6.0 overall||51||95||2.75|
- Application form
- $50 non-refundable application fee
- Official transcripts transcripts
- Course-by-course evaluation (conducted by Study Group)
- Coursework or work experience in computer science. Applicants without a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science must provide evidence of coursework or certificates in programming language, data structures, and algorithm analysis
- Statement of purpose
- Curriculum vitae
- Optional, but not required: GRE scores, letter of recommendation
- For students from India: 3-year degrees are accepted; no more than 2 backlogs per course
Length of Program, Tuition and Fees
The MS in Computer Science is a 30-credit-hour degree program and can be completed in 2 years. Below is an estimated cost of the program. Tuition and fees are subject to change.
|Tuition Cost per Credit Hour||Estimated Total Program Tuition||Estimated University Fees for 2 Years|
MS in Computer Science – Direct Admission
August 2024; spaces limited
International Pathway Program
Whether you are an undergraduate or a graduate student, our International Pathway Program, housed at the International Study Center, can help you study a degree at the top-ranking University of Hartford.
Find out more about the admissions process to study the International Pathway Program or by direct entry to UHart, as well as information on entry requirements and fees.