Arriving at UHart
After you have received your visa, you will be able to join us on campus as part of the UHart community. We will be here to help you throughout this process, so you can use the information on this page to prepare for your next steps
Joining Us On Campus
To study with us on campus, you will need an F-1 (non-immigrant) student visa. Once you have been accepted to a program, provided the required financial documents and paid your deposit, the University of Hartford will issue a Form I-20 from the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). You can then apply for a visa to study in the US at the University of Hartford.
- Receive your I-20 from the University of Hartford and review it carefully.
- Pay the SEVIS fee online (if you are transferring your I-20, you do not need to pay the SEVIS fee).
- Complete the DS-160 form to begin your visa process.
- Schedule and prepare for your visa interview. You will need to gather several supporting documents.
- Attend your visa interview at the U.S. Consulate or Embassy.
- Wait for your F-1 entry visa.
For more information on a successful Visa appointment, check out this page.
Update us on your visa progress by emailing Student Success Manager Kelsey Nestel.
Email address: email@example.com
When Should I Apply For a Visa?
It is best to apply early for the visa to make sure that there is sufficient time for visa processing. We recommend that all students apply for their visa as soon as they have all the required documentation. Notify us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org once your visa status is known. Please tell your Student Enrollment Adviser when you have made an appointment, and notify them of the outcome of that appointment.
Before You Arrive On Campus
All IPP students must complete an Arrival Form to provide IPP staff with your travel details. Your travel details are important to plan your transfers accordingly. Completed forms should be returned to email@example.com.
What to Bring With You
- Your passport
- Your University of Hartford I-20
- Your Health and Immunization Record showing the required immunizations (in English). You will not be able to attend class without this completed form. If you arrive without it, you will need to obtain the necessary immunizations at your expense so that we may keep you enrolled in class.
- Original diploma and official transcript from all completed programs of study.
Your Next Steps Checklist
- Get your visa. Update us on your visa progress by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Review the Pre-Arrival Guide sent to you by email
- Complete your online setup by logging into your University email, self-service, and signing the consent form. Questions? Email email@example.com
- Log into and explore Blackboard
- Request your official transcripts
- Secure your housing
- Pay your tuition and fees
- Get your vaccinations
- Confirm your flight and arrival information
Feel free to bring any traditional clothing, art, belongings and pictures from your home country.
International Pathway Program
Whether you are an undergraduate or a graduate student, our International Pathway Program can help you study a degree at the top-ranking University of Hartford.
Find out more about the admissions process to study the International Pathway Program, as well as information on entry requirements and fees.